is a anenome being sticky a good or bad sighn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

divedeep1689

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys got a new condy anenome today from my lfs its one of the biggest i have seen thats why i got it impulse buy, not to mention i have been wanting to try a anenome again and i hear they are the easiest..Now he is a dark tank with a few purple tips but he is sticky i had to almost pry him off my hand is this a good or bad thing?

I know a clown will not host a condy but my clown has had his eye on it since it went into tank lol he will find out soon enough its not a home for him.

Hey guys got a new condy anenome today from my lfs its one of the biggest i have seen thats why i got it impulse buy, not to mention i have been wanting to try a anenome again and i hear they are the easiest..Now he is a dark tank with a few purple tips but he is sticky i had to almost pry him off my hand is this a good or bad thing?

As far as I know that is a good sign that the anemone is healthy

Not true my clown fish does.

And yes mine is sticky and very healthy.

new info lol thanks be2lose oh hey i have a problem maybe you can help, i bought without thinking that they can sting coral and move around alot i have it a inch from a rock base and its about a hand and a inch away from some frogspawns and hammers do i need to keep a eye on its movement for a while......... will it kill those if it touches...

as far as i can tell it has not harmed any coral, but it did eat a sailfin that was not doing well and had probably died before it got it. It has stung me while I was cleaning the glass (so I'm very careful now).

Mine was in one place for a long time, but has started roaming. Right now it's up near the over flow and seams like it's happy there.

After thought:
I can make it move with the direction of the water flow. It seams to like just being right outside the main flow.

Attachments

• P6170003.jpg
    P6170003.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 80
  • PA250008.jpg
    PA250008.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 77
Yes, They do wonder untill the find a position the feel is best for them, They'll hide there foot and try to get as much light on there tenticles as possible.

But some anemones will not find the "one" spot, Ive had a BTA for about 8 months now and he doesnt stop moving. He'll find one spot, There for a week then gone the next. So yes, Keep a good eye on him as he will kill corals.

And what are you saying about it being sticky? you mean its foot was stuck to something and you unstuck it? if so, Why? but yes, That is right, The anemone has a powerful foot that will stick down to just about anything and strongly.

Well, Hope this helps!

danny no i meant that the whole thing is sticky, when placing him in tank his tentacles and foot stuck to my hand like chewing gum...

Oh, Yeah, It should be sticky then. Im not to fond of the Condy Anemone, But it sounds right as some are sticky, And some arent.

being sticky is a good sign of bieng healthy and clown fish will host in condi they arnt native to the clown fish but the clown fish dont know the difference sometimes

Back
Top Bottom