Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-07-2010, 05:25 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to divedeep1689
is a anenome being sticky a good or bad sighn

Hey guys got a new condy anenome today from my lfs its one of the biggest i have seen thats why i got it impulse buy, not to mention i have been wanting to try a anenome again and i hear they are the easiest..Now he is a dark tank with a few purple tips but he is sticky i had to almost pry him off my hand is this a good or bad thing?

special thanks to melosu58 , roka , thincat,CaptainAhab (and many more who i will list later as i find thier names so i can spell them lol ) for i would not have the tank or the knowledge i have about my tank if not for them.
divedeep1689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:27 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I know a clown will not host a condy but my clown has had his eye on it since it went into tank lol he will find out soon enough its not a home for him.

special thanks to melosu58 , roka , thincat,CaptainAhab (and many more who i will list later as i find thier names so i can spell them lol ) for i would not have the tank or the knowledge i have about my tank if not for them.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:03 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by divedeep1689 View Post
Hey guys got a new condy anenome today from my lfs its one of the biggest i have seen thats why i got it impulse buy, not to mention i have been wanting to try a anenome again and i hear they are the easiest..Now he is a dark tank with a few purple tips but he is sticky i had to almost pry him off my hand is this a good or bad thing?

As far as I know that is a good sign that the anemone is healthy
Old 01-07-2010, 07:25 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via ICQ to Be2lose
Quote:
Originally Posted by divedeep1689 View Post
I know a clown will not host a condy but my clown has had his eye on it since it went into tank lol he will find out soon enough its not a home for him.
Not true my clown fish does.

And yes mine is sticky and very healthy.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:36 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Be2lose View Post
Not true my clown fish does.

And yes mine is sticky and very healthy.
new info lol thanks be2lose oh hey i have a problem maybe you can help, i bought without thinking that they can sting coral and move around alot i have it a inch from a rock base and its about a hand and a inch away from some frogspawns and hammers do i need to keep a eye on its movement for a while......... will it kill those if it touches...
Old 01-07-2010, 08:00 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via ICQ to Be2lose
as far as i can tell it has not harmed any coral, but it did eat a sailfin that was not doing well and had probably died before it got it. It has stung me while I was cleaning the glass (so I'm very careful now).

Mine was in one place for a long time, but has started roaming. Right now it's up near the over flow and seams like it's happy there.

After thought:
I can make it move with the direction of the water flow. It seams to like just being right outside the main flow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P6170003.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	22061   Click image for larger version

Name:	PA250008.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	22062  

Old 01-07-2010, 08:02 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

have you ever seen it touch any coral?
Old 01-07-2010, 08:46 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yes, They do wonder untill the find a position the feel is best for them, They'll hide there foot and try to get as much light on there tenticles as possible.

But some anemones will not find the "one" spot, Ive had a BTA for about 8 months now and he doesnt stop moving. He'll find one spot, There for a week then gone the next. So yes, Keep a good eye on him as he will kill corals.

And what are you saying about it being sticky? you mean its foot was stuck to something and you unstuck it? if so, Why? but yes, That is right, The anemone has a powerful foot that will stick down to just about anything and strongly.

Well, Hope this helps!
Old 01-08-2010, 12:35 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice FINatic

danny no i meant that the whole thing is sticky, when placing him in tank his tentacles and foot stuck to my hand like chewing gum...
Old 01-08-2010, 09:11 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Freak

Oh, Yeah, It should be sticky then. Im not to fond of the Condy Anemone, But it sounds right as some are sticky, And some arent.

Tags
anenome, ick

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com