Is a Deep Sand Bed recommended?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sidhefey

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have yet to fill in my 40 G with salt water and such, I have about 30 LR that is in a 14g atm that I will transfer there when I set it up.

I know now LR Will act as my filter. Should I have another filter like a DSB(is it reccomended for a beginner)? Should the DSB be in a small refugium or my main tank.

Is it recommended that my main tank should be bare bottom? I've read it reduces debris from hanging out on the floor? Something like that

Or should I use Chaetomorpha Algae (or some sort of other macro algae) for my refugium? And let it suck up Phosphates and Nitrates that way?

Thanks for your Opinions and Advice.http://www.reefhotspot.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=4812

It`s really personal preference. As long as you have plenty of LR or other filtration you`ll be OK on that. Sand will help dont get me wrong but as I said with proper amount of LR you dont have to have sand if you dont want any. I have a 1-2 inch SB but that`s because it looks nice to me like that. I really dont like the look of deep sand beds but that`s just me only.

Back
Top Bottom