is a trigger safe in my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crage34

Aquarium Advice Freak
look at my sig and tell me if my tank will be suitable for an agressive tank.... thank :)

IMO no tank is to small for any triggers... Snails, shrimp and crabs could be food over time. The shrimp would be #1 on the hit list....

30G is too small for a Trigger IMO. Triggers can get pretty large. I would say at least a 75G to 90G minimum, depending on the Trigger you want.

Mike

Triggers do get large and they are fast swimmers. Looking at your list just about everything would become snack food for a trigger.

Kaye

lol thats wat i figured i was just entertaining ideas on my first fish....my tank has been cycled for 3 months now and im gonna try to get around to gettin a fish this week

triggers do tend to get big so usually a bigger tank can make the fish more comfortable and stable but i would think that ythe risk is up to you. the rest of your tank might turn into food as well

IMO you buy a small trigger when he out growes the tank you take him back to the LFS for store credit. But he will eat what ever fits in his mouth.....shrimp for sure!! but it would be cool to see him chase it down and eat it :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom