Is adding pair of naso tangs as last fish trouble?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brenden

Aquarium Advice Addict
I currently have a purple, sailfin, regal, and convict tang. Are the naso tangs really aggressive if added last?

i would assume from all that i have READ and with no personal experience that it would be safe to add the tangs last. take your normal precautions though but from my readings, nasos are to be added last to any setup. hth

Hello Chaz. How is the tank coming along? I read all the "articles" but I was hoping someone had personal experience. I only believe half of what I read and that is if I wrote it. :D I would love to add a sohal instead but I think that is pushing it.

Tank is doing awesome! if i had a digital i'd take some pics :( personally i would go with the naso, i think they look cooler and in the long run wont be as aggressive. Have you ever posted a bio load of your tank Brian?

I would say it will be fine. The only issue I would see is with the purple being aggressive. But in a tank your size and lots of LR I see no problem. I have never had issues with my Naso.

I would do it.

Thanks for the info rev. Chaz my bioload consist of the 4 tangs and a foxface, 5 clowns and one chromis. The rest of my fish are all really small gobies. Neon, neon eviota, high fin banded, court jester, hector, firefish.

Brenden, I just recently added a Naso tang to my 240g. I've had 2 yellows and a purple tang, for several years, and at first they chased around and nipped (I also added a few other fish at the same time, hoping to avoid this), then by the next day, they were fine. So, IME it's been fine. I should mention, my already established tangs are quite big and healthy, so I made sure the Naso was a pretty good size, not very small. Good luck!

The guy at the fish store I would be purchasing these from said I should only get one instead of two. He said they would be aggressive towards each other. Anyone have two of these in a tank?

I don't know about nasos, but when I bought my other 3 tangs, they were in a holding tank together at the LFS and I bought them all together and put them in mine together... so they pretty much school together. Maybe if it was a case like that, where there was a couple together in a tank- observe them and see if they eat together okay and inhabit the same space okay...

Hmmm...its a gamble. With the realestate you have you may be okay. I would try for different sizes and maybe a grey and a blonde naso. Just a suggestion.

Anyone have any experience with this? Order ships out this afternoon for delivery tomorrow. As it stands now I am only getting one unless someone has two in their tank and knows how they behave.

Back
Top Bottom