Is flow in tanks a game of chess?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have both kinds and I agree with your assessment. The Korilla fans are much more directional than the MP10. The MP10 works great in our 38 gallon at my office. I just hate its price tag, but it is deluxe in every way.

Are the MP10's what they're cracked up to be? Is it possible to have a lagoon like environment without a standing wave?

Are the MP10's what they're cracked up to be? Is it possible to have a lagoon like environment without a standing wave?
I am actually amazed at what one little fan can do. The front shroud is brilliantly engineered to soften the flow that comes off it and yes, you can program in a standing wave, but it's random patterns are really good. I wish I could afford them on my big reef, but my korallia Magnums have worked fine using a Reefkeeper. The programming is very flexable and a lagoon shouldn't be a problem.

I am actually amazed at what one little fan can do. The front shroud is brilliantly engineered to soften the flow that comes off it and yes, you can program in a standing wave, but it's random patterns are really good. I wish I could afford them on my big reef, but my korallia Magnums have worked fine using a Reefkeeper. The programming is very flexable and a lagoon shouldn't be a problem.

Ok thanks. I've posted probably 4 or 5 difference threads asking about the MP10 and am finally getting some feedback. Is noise an issue? My tank is in my living room and I expect SOME noise, but too much is no bueno for the wifey lol. I'm already dealing with a decent hum due to the reef Octo hob and aqua clear hob...

I sit a few feet away from mine and I can detect a small hum, especially if it's in a varied program cycle, it kind of makes it easier to detect. But it is a very small hum.

I sit a few feet away from mine and I can detect a small hum, especially if it's in a varied program cycle, it kind of makes it easier to detect. But it is a very small hum.

Cool thanks. There's really nothing holding me back from the MP10. Too many good things about them it seems. $235 is a pretty good price too for a new one eh? I just don't want to be let down lol... Especially with that price tag.

Cool thanks. There's really nothing holding me back from the MP10. Too many good things about them it seems. $235 is a pretty good price too for a new one eh? I just don't want to be let down lol... Especially with that price tag.

Before my son bought this one, I thought they were a waste of money. They are four times the cost of a hydor fan. But they are very cool.

Before my son bought this one, I thought they were a waste of money. They are four times the cost of a hydor fan. But they are very cool.

Hopefully I can offset cost. I have 2 Koralia 1400's, 1 1050, 1 550, and 2 850's plus a wave maker. I either sit on them til I move into a house and do my 180 gallon in wall reef :cool: or sell them and deal with it lol... Life goes on either way so I won't lose sleep over it.

Hopefully I can offset cost. I have 2 Koralia 1400's, 1 1050, 1 550, and 2 850's plus a wave maker. I either sit on them til I move into a house and do my 180 gallon in wall reef :cool: or sell them and deal with it lol... Life goes on either way so I won't lose sleep over it.

Well, there you go. You'll find a use for them.

And btw my hammer is looking better already... As is my trumpet. Here's to a better day tomorrow! Cheers

Try looking at the jeabo wp40s for your 125 I have a pair of wp40s on my 210 with a pair of koralia 1500s. You can make almost the same settings as a vortech at 1/4 of the cost. Mine have been running for almost a year now. With the updated controller for them you can tone everything down in all of the settings. The two have on full power stream mode will blow every bit of detritus and junk out of my rocks without blasting it with a separate pump. Plus the wave I can make will get large enough to go over the edges of my tank. I'll try to post a video with one running to show the power if them and its half the noise of my vortech pumps I had.

Thanks for checking in Hank... It's going well since I set up the 2 850's alternating every hour. My hammer coral looks great again, and things seem happy. I'm going to check out the MP10 tomorrow, once it's in my hands I'll follow my gut whether to buy it or not...

Sounds solid. I'd love to have some in my tank. Whole system run by ecotech products? Thank you! Then add the wireless router once it is released...solid.

Yup seems legit for sure... Boku $$ though I would imagine, even though you are already 33% there with the Radions right? Now just a cool thousand dollars for a pair of MP40's, and whatever the router is, you will be talk of the town lol... I'm ok with my TaoTronic LED for this tank, I'll go big when the wife and I get out of this condo and into a house.

Try looking at the jeabo wp40s for your 125 I have a pair of wp40s on my 210 with a pair of koralia 1500s. You can make almost the same settings as a vortech at 1/4 of the cost. Mine have been running for almost a year now. With the updated controller for them you can tone everything down in all of the settings. The two have on full power stream mode will blow every bit of detritus and junk out of my rocks without blasting it with a separate pump. Plus the wave I can make will get large enough to go over the edges of my tank. I'll try to post a video with one running to show the power if them and its half the noise of my vortech pumps I had.

Thanks. I ordered a pair on Saturday morning. Now, I plan to place them on opposite ends and use the W1 function. Any tips on how to synch without a controller (like Apex)

Back
Top Bottom