Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-15-2013, 10:12 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote View Post

I have both kinds and I agree with your assessment. The Korilla fans are much more directional than the MP10. The MP10 works great in our 38 gallon at my office. I just hate its price tag, but it is deluxe in every way.
Are the MP10's what they're cracked up to be? Is it possible to have a lagoon like environment without a standing wave?

Old 11-15-2013, 10:16 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaxon-Waxon View Post
Are the MP10's what they're cracked up to be? Is it possible to have a lagoon like environment without a standing wave?
I am actually amazed at what one little fan can do. The front shroud is brilliantly engineered to soften the flow that comes off it and yes, you can program in a standing wave, but it's random patterns are really good. I wish I could afford them on my big reef, but my korallia Magnums have worked fine using a Reefkeeper. The programming is very flexable and a lagoon shouldn't be a problem.

Old 11-15-2013, 10:21 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
I am actually amazed at what one little fan can do. The front shroud is brilliantly engineered to soften the flow that comes off it and yes, you can program in a standing wave, but it's random patterns are really good. I wish I could afford them on my big reef, but my korallia Magnums have worked fine using a Reefkeeper. The programming is very flexable and a lagoon shouldn't be a problem.
Ok thanks. I've posted probably 4 or 5 difference threads asking about the MP10 and am finally getting some feedback. Is noise an issue? My tank is in my living room and I expect SOME noise, but too much is no bueno for the wifey lol. I'm already dealing with a decent hum due to the reef Octo hob and aqua clear hob...
Old 11-15-2013, 10:23 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

I sit a few feet away from mine and I can detect a small hum, especially if it's in a varied program cycle, it kind of makes it easier to detect. But it is a very small hum.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:32 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
I sit a few feet away from mine and I can detect a small hum, especially if it's in a varied program cycle, it kind of makes it easier to detect. But it is a very small hum.
Cool thanks. There's really nothing holding me back from the MP10. Too many good things about them it seems. $235 is a pretty good price too for a new one eh? I just don't want to be let down lol... Especially with that price tag.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:40 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Cool thanks. There's really nothing holding me back from the MP10. Too many good things about them it seems. $235 is a pretty good price too for a new one eh? I just don't want to be let down lol... Especially with that price tag.
Before my son bought this one, I thought they were a waste of money. They are four times the cost of a hydor fan. But they are very cool.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:42 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

Before my son bought this one, I thought they were a waste of money. They are four times the cost of a hydor fan. But they are very cool.
Hopefully I can offset cost. I have 2 Koralia 1400's, 1 1050, 1 550, and 2 850's plus a wave maker. I either sit on them til I move into a house and do my 180 gallon in wall reef or sell them and deal with it lol... Life goes on either way so I won't lose sleep over it.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:43 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Hopefully I can offset cost. I have 2 Koralia 1400's, 1 1050, 1 550, and 2 850's plus a wave maker. I either sit on them til I move into a house and do my 180 gallon in wall reef or sell them and deal with it lol... Life goes on either way so I won't lose sleep over it.
Well, there you go. You'll find a use for them.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:47 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict

And btw my hammer is looking better already... As is my trumpet. Here's to a better day tomorrow! Cheers
Old 11-15-2013, 10:51 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
And btw my hammer is looking better already... As is my trumpet. Here's to a better day tomorrow! Cheers
Lighting, flow and water qualiy. Easy peasy.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com