Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-30-2010, 07:20 PM   #11
is back to save the day!

Sounds good. The bigger the better. But also, for a 30G tank, you wouldn't need a skimmer still. Anything under 40G you really don't need a skimmer as PWC's will accomplish the same thing. Now no one is telling you you can't buy and setup a skimmer, but we are just saying you could save that money from the skimmer that isn't necessary, and buy something you really do need. Like an RO/DI unit.. or.. more coral! :p

Old 03-30-2010, 07:24 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

you just reminded me ****. yep ro/di time no new tank =(

Old 03-30-2010, 08:17 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixisnowixi View Post
you know what, i may go buy a 30g tank this weekend and do it right, protien skimmer and all, make my current 20g a QT. but i do love the nano look
Let the reef circle begin....my 20 is not big enough maybe I'll try a 30g....my 30 is not big enough maybe I'll try a 55....maybe if i sealed off that room I could turn it into an aquarium.....
The first law of reefing.....your tank is never big enough
Old 03-30-2010, 09:35 PM   #14
is back to save the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdaniel2882 View Post
Let the reef circle begin....my 20 is not big enough maybe I'll try a 30g....my 30 is not big enough maybe I'll try a 55....maybe if i sealed off that room I could turn it into an aquarium.....
The first law of reefing.....your tank is never big enough
Hahaha excellent mdaniel Sounds like snow has got that good ol' reef bug.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:35 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

its like my wife likes the fish, im like screw the fish look at that frag, i want it in my tank. Babe what do you think? would these zoa's look good on this rock. Hmm i wonder if i should add a bubble poylp right here later. Do i want even want to try SPS, not now later. mean while my wife is like OOO PRETTY YELLOW TANG, im like yea yea tang, really im staring at the brain behind the tang.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:40 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

I was thinking a REEF only tank, lol. i mean no fish, no fish food no mess to clean. How much bi-product does a reef only tank produce?
Old 03-30-2010, 10:58 PM   #17
is back to save the day!

Well, i'm thinking you would need at least one small fish, just for the heck of it, because even without the fish, you will still need to feed the tank to keep the beneficial bacteria that feeds off ammonia alive. Also, since there's no fish to create waste/detritus, then you will need to feed all of your inverts in the tank. But that could go along with just feeding the tank because the inverts will most likely pick at the food you throw in there.

Tags
aquascape, cap, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com