Is it ready?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you have then it's been cycled. But you honestly need to get rid of that cyano and hair algae

you don't always see a diatom bloom after the cycles over on alot of my tanks i didn't

you don't always see a diatom bloom after the cycles over on alot of my tanks i didn't

+1. Diatoms have nothing to do with your cycle. Op how did you cycle the tank and how high did your levels spike? Frankie was right on the fact that you shouldn't add any thing to the tank until you get your params in check (algae issues). Id suggest you start doing some large wc's using ro/di water. No point in adding more nutrients when you can't handle what's already in there

Did you have your lights on during the cycle. You really shouldn't that way algae is less likely to grow and you simply see a large spike on nitrates.

As for diatoms, those are a different bacteria that consume silicates and are not a indicator of cycle progress. They do usually come in newly cycled tanks however as those have more silicates.

Back
Top Bottom