Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-20-2014, 12:48 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is it what im thinking it is?

I have been having trouble getting calcium, magnesium and alk where it should be. I have kept salinity at 1.025 by use of ato. I have been getting calcium of 360-370, mag 1130, alk 8.0. When I bought my refractometer, the lfs used their calibration liquid to cal it. I am using h2 ocean salt. I decided today to check my refractometer against ro water, and it was reading 1.002. I readjusted it to have it zeroed out. I then checked my d.t, and salinity was 1.0235.

I guess what i have decifered, is that, by having my salinity lower, my levels of cal mg and alk, have also been low, I have started the process of topping up to my newly calibrated refractometer, (1.025), and i am now testing calc 410, mg 1230, alk 9.3

Is this what my problem was? Or am I adding too much salt to tank?
briggsy43 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off