Is marine fishes expensive?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mansiz

Aquarium Advice Freak
I hardly seen any marine fishes at LFS, if i want to buy, i will go to the fish farm, but i would like to know whether approximately how much is a clown fish? I know that every place have different prices, but any one who had bought clown fishes, could you tell me how much is it? Pls indicate the state of currency. Thanks. :D

And do anyone know what is the name of a marine fish which has blue coloured body, and with little yellow? Its shape is like angel fish.

i bought my clown fish for about 12-15 U.S. dollars a piece. and the fish i believe you are reffering to is a yellow tail damsel.

And do anyone know what is the name of a marine fish which has blue coloured body, and with little yellow? Its shape is like angel fish.

That description really could be several differnt fish. Could you describe it a bit more? Where is the yellow at? Is the fish only blue and yellow? If you could fidn us a photo we could give you the name of the fish.

Its going to be hard to give you an accurate price given that prices as you said are so different even in the same geographical area let alone on the other side of the country.

I have seen them go for as much as $25-30US for tankrased clowns. If your in an area with lots of LFS's that carry salt then the prices for fish will be cheaper than if you live in an area with just one or two LFS's that deal with saltwater. Of course the closer you are to the source the cheaper they are going to be.

Here I go slapping hands again. Mansiz. Having helped you with your current ich problem, this is obviously a new hobby for you. Do you really think your ready for SW? I have had FW for 20 years, and I'm not sure I'm ready for SW. Research, research, research. SW has a whole new set of variables to work with. Make sure before you go buying fish that you are going to be able to provide them with an environment they can thrive in. SW fish are gorgeous. Such bright colors. But fish are not a room decoration, They are a life form.

Ya kribbz, the fish i am refering to is indeed "yellow tail damsel" 8O , these fishes have quite nice colours. I think i better do some research before starting a SW tank, just like angelstiger had said. :D Btw can these "yellow tail damsel" be placed in the same tank with clown fish? And do any one have anemones? Will they bite? How do you wash them? I read some book which indicate that anemones have teeth.... :?

can these "yellow tail damsel" be placed in the same tank with clown fish? And do any one have anemones? Will they bite? How do you wash them?

I think you need a new book. Yes they can be in the same tank as a clown. Clowns and the yellow tail are acutally from the same genuis of fish. They are both territoral so there may be turf wars if placed in a small tank.

IMO anemones should be left in the ocean. Oftentimes they are purchased and live a very short captave life in the aquraium. They should be kept under BRIGHT lights. They have stinging tenticles that sting their prey. Paralize it and then the tenticles pull it into the center mouth. I dont think they have teeth but then again I have never cut one open to find out. I think they just disolve their prey and absorb it. I have heard of anenome's ejecting complete skelitons so I dont htink they have teeth or they would damage the soft bones.

Back
Top Bottom