Is my clown weird?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sharklover

Aquarium Advice Freak
MY ocellaris clown (nemo,yah real origional but you have to! Lol!)will wave its tail at the sand to make a little hole then lays down in it to sleep when the lights are out,its done that since i bought her about 6 days ago! Ps-she is alone because the other died after a day so im getting another right after christmas along with a peppermint shrimp to hopefully help wit my aptasia problem-but anyway other than that she looks and swims fine until light out... Is this normal???

I wonder why it does this cuz my water is fine,she is healthy and regularly swimming and eating just at lights out she waves her tail,making a little hole and lies down

Maybe she is "with eggs"? Or something I'm not sure had mine for bout six months but gave him up to my friend

Sniperhank said:
Mine doesn't do that either. But or note...it might be a bad idea to add another clown now. Might kill each other.

I don't think a week or even a month will matter with this because ocilariss clowns(OC) are not to agressive unless both males and I think he will be fine getting the other clown

Well it was only with my other for about 2 days but besides clowns are born genderless and will grow the "necessary parts" if it did change in 2 days so wen i add a baby it will become a boy if smaller than the one already in and as for eggs again my fish were only together for 2 days and in unideal egg or reproduction situations but i guess my clown is just weird for laying down like that...

Thanks ur rite not wierd cool,i just wanted to know if that was associated with some disease or if they all did that but i guess not,yay!

TenaciousTriggerFish said:
I would think of or as special not wierd lol ur fish is cool

Pardon me could you get a picture on here( I got an infraction for text talk couple days ago I'm trying to break the habbit

Sorry i dnt have my camera rite now so i cnt but it just lays down,its doin it right now but the second i opened the lid for her mornin feeding she shot up! I think she might be deppresed from being alone...

Sharklover said:
MY ocellaris clown (nemo,yah real origional but you have to! Lol!)will wave its tail at the sand to make a little hole then lays down in it to sleep when the lights are out,its done that since i bought her about 6 days ago! Ps-she is alone because the other died after a day so im getting another right after christmas along with a peppermint shrimp to hopefully help wit my aptasia problem-but anyway other than that she looks and swims fine until light out... Is this normal???

I have two in my 75 for about 8 mo now and I have seen them do this before ! . I have noticed they do this if I move any lr around , I guess they have their own spot they like to hang out in and they like to keep it how it is . They also sleep in it

squidward said:
I have two in my 75 for about 8 mo now and I have seen them do this before ! . I have noticed they do this if I move any lr around , I guess they have their own spot they like to hang out in and they like to keep it how it is . They also sleep in it

Sorry I know my tank is a little dirty ! But this is the best pic I can get ! Idk if you can see but that indent is what they do and hover in it at night .

Attachments

• image-3646870211.jpg
    image-3646870211.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 86
It is normal behavior ,clowns will stir the sand with their tails sometimes just to stir up food.They also make a place to sleep .

squidward said:
Sorry I know my tank is a little dirty ! But this is the best pic I can get ! Idk if you can see but that indent is what they do and hover in it at night .

Can u post the picture again not as a response to a quote?? My iPod doesn't let me bring up pictures posted in a quote

Wow thanks guys i feel better now im gunna try and get her a buddy,a pep shrmp,and a small cuc the day after xmas and btw have a good xmas guys!

Back
Top Bottom