Is my coral dead??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My lfs told me that once a month is good and I have always checked the parameters and they seem to be fine.

Hey Honda,
IMO, don't solely trust ANY single source of info, especially a LFS. From the stores point of view, they sell more stuff when people's tanks go south. Either in medications, or more livestock because yours died.
Regular water changes are by far the best way to keep your tank in good health. I do weekly 15 gal changes on my tank, giving me 60+g a month on a 200+g system. With few exceptions, my tank is thriving, and has been for years.
I can't help but notice this thread is called" is my coral dead?". We all have issues occasionally with a certain coral or fish from time to time, i have one right now that I've had for 5+ years that I'm having a problem with, but regular water changes will definitely make this happen less often.
Please accept this as friendly advice, and not just bashing. Best of luck in the future!

I don't accept anything from anybody on this site as bashing I actually look at it as good advice because I am fairly new to saltwater tanks and I want to know the most info as possible, also I am currently upgrading from my small tank to a bigger tank and I am really investing in this new tank so it's can be really good and nice, so that's why I want the most help I can get. And thank by the way, I think I am going to do 5 gal water changes on my tank every week which will be 20 in a month and I have a 35 gal hex now

That will definitely help your tanks stability and longevity. Hope the GSP's pull out of their funk for you.
Good luck Honda!
Toby

Back
Top Bottom