Is my coral dead??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hondachico

Aquarium Advice Freak
Yesterday my star polyps were fine but today when the blue lights and then the 10k turned on they didn't open up, could they be dead.

Attachments

• image-1138560482.jpg
    image-1138560482.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 183
Hondachico said:
Yesterday my star polyps were fine but today when the blue lights and then the 10k turned on they didn't open up, could they be dead.

Nono, they wouldnt be dead in 1 night. It is most likely perfectly fine:)

Lol I just got scared because I have never seen them hide while the light is on

Hondachico said:
Lol I just got scared because I have never seen them hide while the light is on

Mine has done it before, dont worry at all;)

I moved him to more current and he still the same and I also checked the parameters and everything seems to be fine also just topped off with ro

Last night before all the lights turned off it had like 5-8 heads open but the rest nothing

I have had them for Little more than a month now and they have been under the same light since they have got here, both the zoas and those stars were bought the same time

And just now they have closed up? I would look to the water parameters then. Perhaps do a water change.

Mine closes up all the time and then reopens. I just thought that was normal. I have a few hermit crabs and when they get close, the gsp just gets pissed. Good luck. Keep us posted.

Have you done a water change or two yet? I've kept plenty of GSP in the past and I don't recall it closing up unless there was something specifically bothering it, and definitely not for 5 days.

Haven't done one In about a month or so, if I do a water change, what should I use to refill it?

Hondachico said:
Haven't done one In about a month or so, if I do a water change, what should I use to refill it?

Is that a trick question?

What do you mean what do you use to refill it? Can you please clarify?

IMHO......a month without a water change is waaaaayyy to long. Lots of people do once a week (including myself) and some do every other week, but I haven't heard of someone doing a water change "once a month or so". Maybe some do but that can't be good for the livestock.

Do you track calcium or mag levels? I can tell you that my corals look much fuller and happier the day after my weekly pwc.

I think mr. X is right......you need to perform a pwc and at least do them every other week

Back
Top Bottom