Is my green brittle starfish sick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

empedraza86

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I purchased my green brittle starfish 2 weeks ago from a local fish store I go to regularly. He is a very large starfish. I have a 55 gallon tank which contains 1 yellow tang, 1 maroon clownfish, 1 emerald crab, 1 mushroom, & 1 shrimp. A few days ago i noticed that my brittle star has pink on 2 of his legs. It looks as if the green on his leg was rubbed off. I've checked him out & nothing has been eating at him. He looks perfectly healthy. He eats everyday because of his size. I have no idea if its my water levels causing this or bristle worms (because i do have those in my tank that i'm having to get rid of) or something else. If anyone can help me out PLEASE i would greatly appreciate it :)

I have had 2 large b stars for 10 years, I would guess maybe a crab. Brittle stars have a pretty hard skin. Mine are in with a large black spiny urchin and have never had a problem, I had a rock lobster for years and he didt even bother the stars.

Back
Top Bottom