Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-08-2008, 02:34 PM   #11
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derdy88 View Post
and while i have you guys here i have a few more questions ( instead of posting several more threads)
1) im thinking of later adding a royal gramma and a 6 line wrasse ( wise or not so wise)
2) would later in a few months get a maderin. i dont have a fuge whats the best way to get a pod population going and keep it plentiful.
3)friend of mine fragged me a piece donno what it was he said his is worth 300 dollars. umm forget the name. anyways so i glued it to a rock and placed it in the center of the tank closest to the light . my hermits keep picking it off ( ive caught them twice doing it) only at night though. and no its nowhere to be found they picked at it so much that i only found i tiny piece that prob. wont make it.
1) I would go with one or the other.
2) This is not a fish for your size tank nor is it one that should be added to a tank that is less then a year old or one that does not have a refugium. Madarins feed almost entirely on live food. Copepods. Your tank will not have enough of a food source to support this fish.
3)Hermits are good at cleaning and they are also good at causing issues. Depending on what the coral was it may or may not survive from the small piece that is left.

Ziggy953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 02:37 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Regular

alrighty thanks .. well i guess that gives me an exscuse to go bigger i think my next tank will be a 100 gal or so

Old 09-08-2008, 02:37 PM   #13
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
i was just curious i bought a orange polyp frag from my LFS and it was open in the store so i glued it to a small piece of rubble LR and it hasnt openned yet and this is day 3 . is this normal?
What kind of polyp is this? Is it a Zoanthid? If you superglued it to a rock and got the glue on it's mouth it could have caused a problem. When gluing zoas to rock you have to be careful. You only need a pin heads amount of glue to get them to stay put. Can you find a pic of this polyp on the net and post it so we can see what you are talking about?
Old 09-08-2008, 02:40 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Regular

http://www.liveaquaria.com/images/ca...olyp-coral.jpg

thats what i got right thr ... no i was really careful and i had 1 or 2 partialy open the other day

sorry im not sure how to attach a pic withough putting it on the net first
Old 09-09-2008, 10:07 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
http://www.liveaquaria.com/images/ca...olyp-coral.jpg

thats what i got right thr ... no i was really careful and i had 1 or 2 partialy open the other day

sorry im not sure how to attach a pic withough putting it on the net first
They sell it for $39.99 and your friend told you it was worth $300.00 ???

EDIT:: Nevermind. I just read it again and understand that it's your friends parent colony that is worth 300.....not the frag.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:13 PM   #16
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Those are Zoanthids...sometimes they take a while to open back up after being fragged and mounted.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:49 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Regular

no no sorry its not the zoo's that are worth 300 dollars he fragged me this coral it looks like a tree but didnt make it since the crabs had to pick it off several times
Old 09-09-2008, 05:50 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Regular

so royal gramma and 6 line wrasse wouldnt go good together ?.... anyone know which one would be a better choice for my tank thanks alot for everything
Old 09-12-2008, 01:20 PM   #19
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

The six line may be aggressive towards the gramma. The gramma is a shy and docile fish. I have a Gramma and love the color. I had a six line that I couldn't keep in the tank. I kept finding him in my fuge.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:02 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Regular

really so you think the six line will pick on everything els in my tank( perc clowns. lawnmower blenny clown goby )

Tags
light

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com