Is my nem splitting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Antec

Aquarium Advice Freak
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399652672.292425.jpg
It's been looking like this for about 2 weeks now.

All params are at 0
Ph-8-8.2
Salinity-1.025

The only recent change has been a gradual increase in my white lights over 3 weeks(8%) I have the ai sol blues

The nem has been in my tank for about a year now, however ever since this started it has decreased in size considerably

Might be, hard to tell. Either way it appears to be happy even though you are saying it has decreased in size...this might be due to it not having to stretch out for as much light as it used to due to you increasing the lighting by 8%.

Splitting will occur over a couple of hours not weeks.

If it is shrinking it doesn't like something.

Check alk. Or possibly temp.

Might be, hard to tell. Either way it appears to be happy even though you are saying it has decreased in size...this might be due to it not having to stretch out for as much light as it used to due to you increasing the lighting by 8%.

That is possible as well.

I just thought that the fact that it was like being split in half that it might be splitting. Do you see that? It's almost reaching the mouth

And I have a chiller that keeps temps between 78.5-79

Udpate:

Hey guys, the nem keeps shrinking and I'm not sure what to do. It's moved into an area where there's almost no flow at all and is probably half the size it used to be. Any suggestions?

If it is moving it is not happy. Nems tends to stretch out more when they are receiving the proper lighting, not shrink, it is normal for them to shrink down at night but not long term during lighting periods. You say prams are all 0, that tells us nothing, is calcium and Alk at 0, are all parameters balanced, are you using rodi water, whats you maintenance schedule.

Back
Top Bottom