Is my new coral ok?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamal-188

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just got this guy at work yesterday. I was looking at it today and thought maybe it had white line disease? I belie that's where it spreads up the coral killing it, or am I paranoid and the coral is ok?

Hard to say with alveopora, give it a day or two and see if it progresses, you do know these are the first cousins of goniporas and tend to suffer the same fate...

No I didn't realize that :( My brother has one in his tank that has been doing great and actually one of the few people I trust at my work said they are not terribly difficult to take care of. I guess I should have checked them out first :cry: Everytime this happens I swear I'll never buy on impulse again and do a pretty good job for a while but then everytime I break down and buy something I get burnt..you'd think I would have learned my lesson by now :nono:

Well it seems that a fair amount of people on RC have been able to keep this coral alive for 8+months and still growing and looking good so hopefully if this one is healthy he'll be with me for a while :)

isnt that bleaching or is the algea i forget what its called dieng off

Mr. Marine

The trend for alveopora and gonipora dying is anywhere from 6 to 18 months, they will eventually open less and less until they die. While I have seen many more alveopora success stories, we are also starting to see more and more gonipora success stories, but I would still consider either coral for advanced reefkeepers.

reefrunner69 said:
but I would still consider either coral for advanced reefkeepers.

Unfortunately I do not consider myself this......but if the coral is healthy and this isn't white band disease or bleaching badly I think I have a good chance at keeping him alive for a while at least.

Back
Top Bottom