Is my RO/DI system working??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You'll also want to test for chlorine and chloramines - the TDS meter won't pick these up :)

MarkW19 said:
You'll also want to test for chlorine and chloramines - the TDS meter won't pick these up :)
As long as you have a carbon stage and it's changed every 6 months or so it won't be a concern. Testing for those seperately wouldn't be a benefit.

Cheers
Steve

Get a chlorine and chloramine testing kit :p

I guess you don't know how old the unit is - I'd get a new sediment and carbon filter for it. Then change them every 6 months as steve said. That way you should be ok.

The system is brand new. I just want to make sure that I'm making the same quality water that I can get from ky LFS.

Just test your TDS from your unit, then test the LFS :)

No need to test for that stuff with a ro/di unit, it will remove it all.
TDS= total dissolved solids, on a new unit it should be 0. As the resin in the di wears out it will rise. If you can get a DI cartridge to last a year as they advertise that would be a miracle. I'm lucks if I get a few months out of my dual DI system. It will all depend on the water quality you start with. Test your water from the tap with the TDS and then the end product and you will see the difference.

Back
Top Bottom