Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-27-2009, 07:29 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

i dont know what kint of star, is brown and small and it always disapered in the sand. i will put pics in a few minutes

Old 04-27-2009, 09:54 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Sounds like a sand sifting starfish... haha Post some pics!!! Welcome to the site!

Old 04-27-2009, 09:56 PM   #13

how do i post pics? i have a album, please take a look and tell me if my tank is ok with what i have. bless
Old 04-27-2009, 10:00 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

You can post pics on any thread by copying and pasting the BB code. Just go to your album click on a pic and copy then paste the BB code to the thread.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:09 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I took a couple glances at your tank. I dont think much will make it. How did you (apply the peroxide???....) Now I might be wrong but that is way too much at once. I thought I over did it with 10 snails and 10 crabs roughly in a 75 gal. @ week 3 Just keep an eye on the parameters. I dont think you have the water stability to handle any type of coral. Just my rookie opinion. I would step back and do some research and make sure to remove anything if it looks like it is dead.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:11 PM   #16

Old 04-27-2009, 10:15 PM   #17

all my corals are doing ok, ecept my candy cane it looks like is drying up. but the mushrooms look like they are gettiung bigger. i just order a ap reef master kit, i am going to start cheking for phosphate carbonete hardnes and calcium. the amonia , nitrite and nitrate are at 0 (y check my water every other day) ph is 8.0
Old 04-27-2009, 10:15 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Also I am having a problem with this right now and am combating it. Right now I can tell your nitrates are extremely high as well as phosphates. You are starting to get what is called hair algae. I would add some sort of phosphate remover or pheric oxide. How long do you leave your lights on?
Old 04-27-2009, 10:17 PM   #19

i took the fish out and quikly i got a q tip with peroxid are aplied in the infected area. then a rinsed with destiled water and then put him in the tank. dont know if is going to work yet, if the fin keeps roting, then i will get some medecine
Old 04-27-2009, 10:19 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Are you using the test strips because they are very inaccurate that is my own experience with FW. Also API is okay Salifert is better as far as Calcium and Alk go... Those would be your main ones since you are just starting out. You do have Nitrates you can tell just by looking at your tank. They may be low however you definitely have phosphates that need to be rid of. Only reason I know this is because parts of my tank looked like that a while ago. I did have a hair algae problem like I said and am just added some fluval phosphate tonight only until I can get my pheric oxide sponge type media.

Tags
overstock, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com