is my tank overstock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
my nitrate is 0, dont know my phosphate(i will as soon as i get my test kit) but i think is high, i bouht some frozen food(brime shrimp in cubes) put water to unfreas but me as a newby i was throwing the whole thing with water , did that for more then a week, thats when the algea came, did some researche and i dont do it any more i rince the water out and then put it in

i take water to my pet store every week when i go to buy water, and the reading there are also 0, but you are right i think( no i know) i have phosphate problems

Well something is telling my that the fish is stressed. I would not medicate the whole tank maybe you can take it to the LFS and have them medicate and hold for you. What you can do to remove phosphates is get the Fluval phosphate remover it is pretty well known and you can put it in your filter media cartridge or anyplace in the back of your cube(I think I dont know cubes too well).

Oh and dont leave it in too long or else it will leach back into the tank. Change accordingly soon we...you and I will get to know our tanks and have things down pat. Its just getting to that point and I will be glad to help if you have any questions you can PM me I get them on my phone. So if it is urgent I can get back to you... If I cant help others can.

There are some that are like a sponge type in that they will not leach. I think they are the true pheric oxide. Thats what is being sent to me. I will let you know how it is. I will get it on wednesday. If you want I can have him send some to you or ask him if I can give you his number via PM or something.

dude, you are right , my clown dont look happy, but the other 2 the green chromis, man they a hardy for real, they eat like pigs, they are always happy, and they have been there since day one, i used them to cycled my tank, i am so glad they made it

thanks ghostknife, just bear with me, i am new at this and i am loving it, i am bidding on ebay for a 5 gallon hex tank, if i get it i will ask some more questions but this time for freshwater ( tiny fishis for my 5 gl)

If I were you I would surf this site for the night. There is much info.... Just read posts in the saltwater/reef aquaria forum. Check out other peoples problems and findings... There are many great people on here and many have interesting ideas and solutions to very well known problems in the hobby. Ill talk to you later on.

Here is what the hair algae can turn into...
18608-albums490-picture3638.jpg

YIKES Huh luckily I caught it and blacked out the tank for a couple days and added pheric oxide... (Im still in this process...)

Here is the rock on the far left top before the hair outbreak...
18608-albums490-picture3555.jpg

2 weeks passed and the hair was all over it. Started with a spike and when straight into the party helmet.

Back
Top Bottom