Is My Torch Coral Sick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChiTownRomeo

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 3 headed torch coral. For a month 2 of the heads comes out perfect. 1 Head won't extend fully as of lately. It used to though but now it wont. No brown Jelly or nothing and it still grabs food. Just wont come out at all. Should I frag it off?

25icghu.jpg

My torches look like that when they don't like how much/direct flow they are getting. It doesn't look unhealthy to me and no I would not frag it off

Its very indirect flow and it's not getting blasted. I have 2 mp10's on pulse mode.

Just give it time it will come back out. Mine shrunk and stuff for the first month I had it. Then it came out all the time

My torch looks like that when it certain heads do not like the flow. I have a powerhead pointing 1ft away from my torch. It was too much flow and one of the head's tentacles shrunk (same as your pic). I put it in an area with less flow and now all heads are big and extended.

The pic look like its getting too much flow from one direction.

My torch looks like that when it certain heads do not like the flow. I have a powerhead pointing 1ft away from my torch. It was too much flow and one of the head's tentacles shrunk (same as your pic). I put it in an area with less flow and now all heads are big and extended.

The pic look like its getting too much flow from one direction.

I have the mp10's in pulse mode so it's random flow.

If it's been doing that for a month though it might be worth a try moving it. My torches seem to enjoy my sand bed best, but I run nanos so there all pretty shallow tanks. Just my $.02

Back
Top Bottom