Is something wrong with my power head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

143gadgets

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have an aquaclear 50 and it seems to let out a stream of airbubbles evey minite or so. Is this normal? Should i take it back and exchange it?

Are you restrciting the flow from the power head or letting it run full steam? Do both of your powerhead do this or just one of them? What you are experiencing is likely cavitation, when you pull too much water through a restricted area, it releases oxygen. My AC did this all the time if I restricted the flow too much. Try cleaning the power head, might have something stuck in there too.

There should be a tube with an adjustment thing on the end that could fix your problem with mine hoever I just took the tubes off the pissed me off to the maximum because they continuasly fell in the ater but when you take it out it allows full stream and no air to be let in to allow bubbles in. Not sure if it works with all powerheads or if it will break your though I know it works with the Rio 600

What you are experiencing is likely cavitation, when you pull too much water through a restricted area, it releases oxygen.

This is not a bad thing especially if it's only intermitent. Pull the intake off and inspect it for debris. I'm sure that will fix your problem!
Good Luck,
Jason

Back
Top Bottom