Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-10-2013, 06:40 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Fishy View Post
I had them pick thru a glove polyp rock next day all the unwanted algea gone some polyps damaged but they can get in there and do some fine removing. Never had one go rogue just accidental damage.
I embracing the idea more and more just hate the idea of loosing some treasures... I may pick one up within the next few days. Thanks for the reassurance!

Building a reef is like going back in time and being 5 years old at Christmas!
Pisces3473 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:48 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

What is your magnesium at? Sometimes low magnesium seesm to speed its growth, and many have reported success eradicating it by boosting back up (1200 +, particularly with Kent Tech M.

Old 04-10-2013, 07:08 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Dude calm down!

(ya that's hair algae for sure)

Don't scrub it in the tank, if one hair flys off and gets carried off to another rock it'll start growing and spreading there. I'd take teh rock out and scrub it in a bucket of tank water that you syphoned out during water change time. I't sucks, I battled mine for months and months. Just keep water changes regularly and pull as much out as you can. I got an emerald crab and he ate the left over patches in a few days....
Old 04-10-2013, 09:38 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I have no idea what the Magneesium level is, I don't have a way to test for it. I'm going to get an emerald crab, maybe even two. Thanks again everybody I appreciate the feedback.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:35 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces3473 View Post
I have no idea what the Magneesium level is, I don't have a way to test for it. I'm going to get an emerald crab, maybe even two. Thanks again everybody I appreciate the feedback.
I had 3 emerald crabs in my tank and no hair algae ever (not the crabs messing with my corals) but I haven't seen any of them in a while and notice some hair algae growing on a rock and a paly frag a few days ago, so today I did a peroxide dip with the frag and toon the rock out (it was on top of the rock work thankfully) and dabbed peroxide in that, scrubbed and rinsed.. Hopefully that will be the end of it but I might pick up another emerald crab tomorrow since I think the other might have died from me cutting back on feeding :\
Old 04-11-2013, 09:54 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Anybody have issues with crab messing with fish. Ive gotta 10g and a maroon clown, will the emerald snap at him?

Old 04-11-2013, 10:01 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Unless the fish is small or the crab is big, the crabs generally steer clear of the fish in my experience. Now, they will feed on a dying fish.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:25 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutrag View Post
Unless the fish is small or the crab is big, the crabs generally steer clear of the fish in my experience. Now, they will feed on a dying fish.
I found a dead Hermit yesterday... As far as eating dead fish, I've only got the one. So, if I get a small emerald then I should be ok?

Old 04-11-2013, 12:47 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Freak

I think so. My emerald crab, named Oz, is funny when a fish comes around. He puts up his claws, then slowing walks away. Like his is yelling "NOBODY MOVE, NOBODY GETS HURT" then disappears behind a rock.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:56 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristy3693 View Post
I think so. My emerald crab, named Oz, is funny when a fish comes around. He puts up his claws, then slowing walks away. Like his is yelling "NOBODY MOVE, NOBODY GETS HURT" then disappears behind a rock.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com