Is that what I think it is? HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had the same problem a few months ago.. I had bought emerald crabs but they really werent doing the job so i got a sea hare.. He literally paved paths in really thick patches. They are great.

I've shortened my light cycle considerably. 6 hours Actinic and 4 hours white. The snails I've added are doing their job and munching away. I've been spot placing them and their just happily eating and eating some more. I'm gonna be picking up the Emerald either tomorrow or this weekend, plus doing a pwc, possibly a 40%'er.

I'm remaining calm and chiving on... :fish2:

Its nothing to freak out about.. It happens to all of us. The tank goes through mini cycles throughout its whole span and some of them are noticed and some arent. I had a breakout of hair and RED bubble algae and through water changes and some simple maintenance it all blew over..

Went and picked up an Emerald yesterday and now I can't find him, of course my tank is just waking up all blue. I'm sure I'll spot the crab later on. The snails are all over the place from where they were yesterday so I know they're busy cleaning up. Patience...

A sea hare may eat the algae, but when it runs out of food it will die. Algae thrives on nutrient rich water plus light. Water changes and cutting back on feeding is a long term fix.
I wouldn't remove any rocks.
A 10 gallon tank is no place for a maroon clown.

Went and picked up an Emerald yesterday and now I can't find him, of course my tank is just waking up all blue. I'm sure I'll spot the crab later on. The snails are all over the place from where they were yesterday so I know they're busy cleaning up. Patience...

They hide most of the time in my experience. I actually have two, and maybe three in my tank. I generally only see one at a time. I did see two at the same time the other day though.

Thanks again X, the 40 will be the clowns new home, but I'm gonna keep him in the 10 until I've got the 40 stocked with some different fish. I'm gonna pair him, hopefully within the next few months. I'm gonna use rock from the 10g to seed the 40b, the 10g will prolly start out as a quarantine and then when I'm happy with the 40, I'll prolly turn the 10 into an anemone tank. Tommy T, the Maroon, is smaller than my thumb right now. I did however see a huge one yesterday at the LFS, the told me not to buy it. He told me that fish would likely kill any fish it sees. It was cool to see how big my guy could get tough.

Back
Top Bottom