is the dusty looking brown stuff on my powerhead algae?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pairenoid

Aquarium Advice Freak
everyday I baster it off, everyday it comes back. Is there something I can buy that will eat that stuff? I have a good cleanup crew but my powerheads get dirty fast, I will eventually just clean them in my next water change but it would be nice if something ate that kind of algae, i have a lot of it

i use ro water and water change once a week

How about feeding? How much and how often? I get build up on y powerheads buts its usually coralline and some green algae. I clean them once every 4 months maybe?

How about feeding? How much and how often? I get build up on y powerheads buts its usually coralline and some green algae. I clean them once every 4 months maybe?

i feed like twice a week sometimes three times, but i used to feed everyday but I stopped. I still get diatoms like in a week..

i have a timer that goes on at 8 and off around 7, about 1 year

i clean my tank almost every few days, use ro/di water, water change once a week 2.5 gallons

I have a 20 long with a midas/clown/goby, and clean up crew. I have no idea what the hell is making my tank dirty.. I admit, at one point, I stopped cleaning my tank and I had hella algae everywhere, my back tank wall was filled with gunk and thick algae. I gave my tank a thorough cleaning, and since than its been better, but still gets REALLY dirty if i ignore it for a week

A little less lighting might help, I am running about 8 hours a day. Worth a go, algae is so annoying but we all se to have it!

Back
Top Bottom