Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-07-2013, 01:59 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Is there a difference between Oceanic and Coralife Biocube 29?

I am ready to purchase and want the Biocube 29 Gallon, but how do I know I am getting the latest model. I have heard Oceanic and Coralife are the same company, but want again the latest model. Thanks

Old 01-07-2013, 02:27 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brauny View Post
I am ready to purchase and want the Biocube 29 Gallon, but how do I know I am getting the latest model. I have heard Oceanic and Coralife are the same company, but want again the latest model. Thanks
Yes, coralife Bio Cube has:

Four-button control and separate power cords for daylight, actinic and LEDs (old bio cube only has 2 buttons and LED's stay on 24/7)

New hinge-top canopy (old bio cube isn't hinged)

Upgraded cooling system( suppose to help the bio cube run cooler as opposed to the older model)

Quiet submersible pump with 30% better flow rate for improved water circulation and filter performance(not sure what size pump it comes with but most upgrade the pump anyway)

Clear glass back panel makes it easy to set up a refugium or add accessories(old bio cube has a tiny window)

Accent LEDs can be added to enhance shimmer affect and highlight natural fluorescent color of corals(old bio cube there's no option to add LED's to stock system under warranty. Everything you so is a modification)

The newer model is better and has a nice design with some good upgrades from the older model

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:28 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

http://www.coralifeproducts.com/prod...uariums-tanks/

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Old 01-08-2013, 11:44 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

Thanks, I see that petsolutions.com has it for a WOW $239.99 with free shipping, just seems too good to be true. Is it?
Old 01-08-2013, 11:45 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brauny View Post
Thanks, I see that petsolutions.com has it for a WOW $239.99 with free shipping, just seems too good to be true. Is it?
I called them. That's the one. It's a really good price. Cheaper then what I payed for the older model (not happy about that lol)

Old 01-08-2013, 11:55 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist

Ok and it begins, I bought it and purchased both LED white and lunar. I will start a thread when it arrives. Thanks again Dino. I was ready to purchase at $289.99 and just did one last search, but at $239.99 that is a steal in my opinion. What power head you thinking or recommending.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:15 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

If your budget allows this the one to get. I have 1 on my BC29 and its amazing.

http://ecotechmarine.com/products/vortech/vortech-mp10/

Worth every penny IMHO.

Tags
bio, biocube, coral, coralife, cube, oceanic

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com