is there a safe paint for coral out there?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boggerscott

Aquarium Advice Regular
my wife has some coral she recieved some where prior to us being together and wants to put it in the tank. i was like ok cool but i would like to see if i could paint it to make it look like it does in the ocean. well if anyone could let me no if there is paint that is safe and will last out in the world. thanks my tank is coming along great here is a picture.

I don't know what it is, but there is one, there are many manufacturers that paint decorations specifically for SW tanks.

The only paint I know is safe for sure are the epoxy paints used on swimming pools...I'm thinking this wouldn't be a viable option for your purposes though. Perhaps you could find some sort of epoxy paint in small quantities?

I painted for a few years (some time back) epoxy paint is nothing you ever wanna mess with that is for sure.Beyond stinky and a freaking mess

look for instructions on the wooden DIY tanks, they paint those to seal them, might be the epoxy paint, not sure, but that should be safe.

Wouldn't the paint seal up all the crevices and holes in the rock, limiting the benefit of it becoming live rock?

Back
Top Bottom