Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-07-2004, 06:08 AM   #1
Is there too many fish??

I currently have a 55gal. with 6 fish in it... A Clarks clown, A Percula clown, A Brazillian gramma, A Midas blenny, A Mandrin, and A Kole tang..
Add to this 2 brittle stars and 1 Choc. Chip.. Plus your usual clean up crews snails, and hermits..Oh.. also 1 cleaner shrimp and a coral banded shrimp... Is there too much??? I almost forgot my carpet anemone and a condy..
Old 02-07-2004, 06:19 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

to AquariumAdvice.com!!

Is there too much???
Not the inverts add little, if anything, to your bioload, as long as your not having issues with aggression then it's not to much. Is your mandarin eating prepared fods? Is this a new tank?

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 12:53 PM   #3
There was some aggression from time to time between the gramma and the blenny but that seemed to pass. All seems well in that category. As for the Mandarin he looks as if the live rock is taking care of his needs. I do however feed mysis shrimp from time to time, not sure if he's eating it but he doesn't seem to be showing any signs of losing weight.As a matter of fact he looks a little bigger than when I first got him. The tank has been together for almost 2 years now.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com