Is this a bristle worm?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DI68

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi

I had to pull apart my reef to catch my tangs for sale ( prob with nitrates ) and was surprised to see this worm in the container as I hadn't seen it in the tank. Is it a bristle worm? It looks like a centipede and is around 5+ inches long. I have re assembled my tank but left this this out waiting for some advice on whether to put it back in or not.. Thanks

Attachments

• 20131130_183714.jpg
    20131130_183714.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 174
Yes that is a bristle worm. I have some in my tank as they good janitors. They will over run a tank if not kept in check. Most likely you already have some in your tank.

A 5" worm is a sign of an abundance of food. Ease up on feeding. A couple times a week is fine. The less food you have, the less worms you'll see.

Yes that is a bristle worm. I have some in my tank as they good janitors. They will over run a tank if not kept in check. Most likely you already have some in your tank.

Thanks and nice tank BTW. So in your experience, I don't need this in there? I am reading they can be good and bad at the same time.

I've never seen a common worm like the one pictured do anything other than eat decaying matter, regardless of it's size.

Back
Top Bottom