Is this a good deal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsStratyRN

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I found an ad on Craiglist and have arranged with the guy to pick up tank and everything included on March 13th. Please let me know if this is a good deal.

90 Gallon Salt water tank with a yellow tang, bat fish, rabbit fish, and a dwarf lion fish included. 60-70 lbs of live rock, live coral and sand mixed, sump pump, protein skimmer, filter and something that cycles the water @ 250 gallons per hour or something like that. A special light for the top, stand, and top cover. he has extra salt for me. And probably more stuff but I am unfamiliar with salt water tanks, been researching all weekend, to remember what else is included.
All this for $700! is this a good deal? The guy is the 2nd owner of the tank. He sent me pics and the tank is gorgeous, crystal clear!

Thank you,
MrsStratyRN

I found an ad on Craiglist and have arranged with the guy to pick up tank and everything included on March 13th. Please let me know if this is a good deal.

90 Gallon Salt water tank with a yellow tang, bat fish, rabbit fish, and a dwarf lion fish included. 60-70 lbs of live rock, live coral and sand mixed, sump pump, protein skimmer, filter and something that cycles the water @ 250 gallons per hour or something like that. A special light for the top, stand, and top cover. he has extra salt for me. And probably more stuff but I am unfamiliar with salt water tanks, been researching all weekend, to remember what else is included.
All this for $700! is this a good deal? The guy is the 2nd owner of the tank. He sent me pics and the tank is gorgeous, crystal clear!

Thank you,
MrsStratyRN

We'll need to know makes/models of the equipment to make a real assessment. Sump size, pumps, skimmer, lights, etc.

Depending on the name/quality/condition of the equipment it's probably borderline a decent deal. Like was said before, details would help.

Also, I'd plan on getting rid of the crushed coral/sand mix and start with all new sand.

How are you planning on making the move? How far away is the guy?

The guy is about 2 hours from me. My cousin who has a salt water tank will help me. He said I need buckets for the live rock and buckets for the fish. Also how soon will I be able to set it up? Do I have to let it cycle first before I put the fish back in the tank?

MrsStratyRN

Oh yeah, i just emailed the guy and asked him for the make and model of equipment.
I have pics of the tank. Can I post it here?

MrsStratyRN

Ok I have some info. Light is 4x65 watt power compact unsure of make it was bought from aquatraders.com; skimmer is a coralife unsure of model but good up to 100 gallons tank is 90 gallons, 2 aquaclear 802 power heads, sump is 20 long unsure of make and model of pump does do 700 gallons per hour.

Does any of this make sense to you and is this a good deal for $700 bucks?

MrsStratyRN

Back
Top Bottom