Is this a Good Deal????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

two11devan

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was at a local fish store near my house and a nice tank set up caught my eye. It was an Oceanic "Clear View" (or something similar) 90 gal glass tank (straight tank, no bow font) with an overflow at the back of the tank. The tank came with a black Oceanic stand with two tinted glass doors in front and one on eaither side of the stand. It also came with what appeared to be a 30 gal sump with all the plumbing except the pump. The tank was also already drilled for the plumbing. The store was asking $1,399.99 for the whole thing....is this a good deal or is it a little much. It sounded like a good deal to me but I haven't shopped around for large tanks.

Ok, to sum up:

90 gal glass tank (Oceanic)
over flow at back of tank
pre drilled
black stand
sump with all plumbing except pump

All for $1,399.99

Thank you!

Personaly I would say no.

I can get all of that and most of teh basic equipment at petco for less thanthat and the tank is 30 gallons more.

Just for a comparison I just found a 120 gal acrylic with a wet/dry sump and return pump shipped to your door for less than $1000. (no stand)

Some prices I found with a quick check:

Oceanic 90 gallon RR tank: $394
Stand: $264
Model 1 Sump: $214

Even if it included a canopy and light strip, sounds high. See if they'll come within 10% of internet prices you could find. Good luck.

Sounds like waaaaaaay too much but of course, I'm cheap.

My approach is: Buy the tank new, build the wooden stuff yourself (far better quality and design) and buy the rest on ebay.

My setup is almost there. 120 gal, two Pan-World pumps (1980 gph, total), 37 gal sump, GS-2 skimmer, lights from current setup. Not counting the lights from the current setup, I'm looking at about $1000 total. It's far more effort but the final product is also far more satisfying.

I don't have a picture of the tank but I could get one. I was telling a friend of mine about this tank and she said she would sell me her 100 gal tank with stand for $100.00! Soooo, I think Im gonna forget about this one! haha...thanks for all the replies!

Back
Top Bottom