Is this a good deal for Sarcophyton Frags or not....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snapcrackler

Aquarium Advice Addict
I want to get a bunch of different varieties of "phytons"... and also some capnella.

Garf will sell me about 7 different types of phyton/capnella frags and two tubes of their glue thrown in, shipped to my door for $150.

I dunno if that is high or low or what. :?

What do ya think......?

They're just lil fraglets.

Well POOP.... I really would like some phyton frags for my little percula to rub around on.

Any suggestions for where to get some good frags for not a ton of dough?

I think I'm going to do that deal as well but figure I should wait a little yet. Just got 2 corals a week or so ago and they seem to be doing great but I'm nervous something is going to go wrong.

Just realize the corals you get from Jeff's are not frags they are small to medium sized corals, I was able to get them all in a 20g, but it took several hours of playig with the to make them all fit ;)

I am getting an order this weekend form Dr. Mac & Sons and they seem a little spendy but he has a wonderful reputation and it couldnt hurt to go to his site to see if they are comparable in quality, size & color.....Just a thought :lol:

(edited)

reefrunner69 said:
Just realize the corals you get from Jeff's are not frags they are small to medium sized corals

Hmm.. makes that all the better of a deal. I am leaning towards that.

I will check that out too, thank you for the tip on that.

Any fraggers here on the board that want to offer me up a batch of frags?

reefrunner69 said:
Just realize the corals you get from Jeff's are not frags they are small to medium sized corals, I was able to get them all in a 20g, but it took several hours of playig with the to make them all fit ;)

Oh wow, that's great, I was under the impression that they would be pretty small pieces for that price!! Can't wait to order some!

Well I did some research on the critters on the 9 for 99 list, and then called Jeff's and placed my order with Terry. Great experience there, I will have the whole order at my door tomorrow morning via fedEx.

I went thought the list and got primarily shrooms because they will do nicely under my new PC light. here's the list of stuff I chose to get:

1. Pagoda coral
2. Assorted shrooms
3. Sarcophyton Finger Leather
4. Leather coral (devilshand)
5. watermelon shroom
6. greenstripe shrooms
7. green shrooms
8. anemone shroom (upgraded for free to a frilly tonga shroom if they are out of these, I thought that was nice)
9. feather red shrooms

So it was the 9 for 99 plus a $10 box fee and then $65 to ship overnight. Total was $174.

He said the critters are generally around 3" all the way up to 6" !!!!

That is a rippin deal compared to $150 for a little handful of frags from somewhere else.

Well I will have a busy day tomorrow morning with the 30lbs of coral rock and all this stuff coming in too. I took the morning off so I will try to get pics.

Christmas comes early for me this year!!!!! Yippeeeeeeee

That's awesome!! I can't wait to see the pics because I'll probably order from him soon. I have no idea what the corals on his page look like, any good link to check them out. I got the book on corals by Erick Borneman, I'll have to page through that to look for some pics and info on possible selections.

Snapcrakler, how are you dosing your tank with calcium or whatever else needs to go in? I just added 2 corals the other week and calcium has stayed around 400 and nothing else really changing either. I really have to read this book so I understand more on what I'll need to add to my water but these last week of college and finals is killing me.

Hey Jamal, they will be here this morning and I will try to get some pics. I add kalk to all my topoff and also use reef essentials a little bit.

Pics to come..

Oh by the way, there are pics on his site, but they are not in the 9 for 99 list, you have to go to the menu on the left and pick the category of the shroom or coral and then it will show a list with little camera icons next to the items that have pics.

I have some pics here,

exoticfish.com was very helpful and courteous, the corals and shrooms were packed perfectly in a nice quality styro pack, hot packs still hot. I am really happy with the results. They were very prompt and even though I ordered in the early afternoon they stuff still rolled in next morning in absolutely perfect shape.

THANKS reefrunner69 for the reference.

Back
Top Bottom