Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-01-2005, 10:24 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Is this a good design for a wet/dry?

Would this be a good design for a wet/dry? Sorry about the crude drawing. Comments or ideas would be greatly helpful. I haven't made the full measurements yet. But it's going to be at least a 29 gal tank.

It's for a 75gal reef tank. Right now fish and inverts only. No corals will be added for a year or so.

Old 05-01-2005, 10:33 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

For some odd reason I can't just attach a photo.

Old 05-02-2005, 01:25 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

dont use bio-balls... use live rock rubble, or just base rock... it will save you agony later. Also the way its set up as of now the bio balls will have no efffect, because the way they work is they increase the surface area of water to air, and with that set up the water level will be up to the area that you have written "drill holes" so if the water is up that high on that side it will be up the same hight on the other side. PM me if you have any questions. I have my Sump/Fuge, however I dont have any pictures... oh also another problem I see now is there will be A LOT of water flow through your fuge... something you dont want...

again like I said PM me if you have questions (the only reason why I say this, is because sometimes I have a hard time remembering which threads I posted on, so sometimes if people ask me questions I dont ever see them, I will try to remember this one, and check back soon)

-Max
Old 05-02-2005, 10:56 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

I agree with the bioballs. I would use the first chamber for a skimmer and up the amount of LR in the fuge. It looka like a good plan though.
Hey Max...I see you are from Milwaukee. Ever heard of the band The Gufs?
Old 05-02-2005, 12:47 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

The Gufs.... hmmm not off the top of my head, are they a bar band? or have they done any big venues like summerfest?

I work for a production company "Clearwing Productions Inc." we do major venues like SummerFest and tours etc. So I may not have seen them yet, but I will likely see them in the future if they ever do "the big gig" assuming I still work for Clearwing.
Old 05-02-2005, 02:01 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Touring bar band when I was in college. Mid to late 90's. Great band. But I think they broke up.

Tags
design, dry, wet, wet/dry

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com