Is This a Scam?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmg996

Aquarium Advice Activist
There is this website called Sea Quest Marine. They have a 28 gal JBJ nano cube HQI with 2 extra Accela Powerheads (266gph each) a protein skimmer (counter current) and the stand! The issue is its only $398.88 which is an AMAZING deal, but is this website real and can it be trusted? If it is I hit the jackpot! Lfs wants $650.00 for the HQI with none of these extra options!

Im so glad I found them! Now I just gota wait for them to get more in stock! Hehe gota love the internet

And since your here carey, was it difficult to set up your 29 gal cube? The thread is so long i tried reading it all last night and fell asleep! Haha

Sorry to have bored you! LOL

Nope, once I got a working cube it was pretty simple. That one comes with everything too.

If you have any specific questions please feel free. Either myself or someone else will respond. :)

Thanks! What about sand? Im going to buy dry sand because live is a rip off, ive heard Home Depot sand, and ive heard not to use that. What dry cheap sand is reef safe?

It's really easy to advertise that price when they're not in stock. Whether that price stays the same when they are in stock will be a big factor.

It's really easy to advertise that price when they're not in stock. Whether that price stays the same when they are in stock will be a big factor.

True! Still with all the extras, as long as its lower than $600 bucks which is the price of the HQI at my LFS, im getting it!

I used pool filter sand in my 125g. I got it at home depot for about $4 for 50lbs. pool supply stores also sell it for a few dollars more. You wouldnt even need the whole bag. hehe might be easier to just get regular aragonite sand. I would steer clear of the live sand unless it has a particular color or texture you like.

I bought a bag of the love sand only cause I wanted the fiji pink and it only came in LS.

No specific color, I want a natural light colored sand, no pink or purple haha! Now another LFS which im losing faith in, an older lady that works in saltwater told me i have to change my sand-bed every year or so is this true?

oh no. Thats not required at all. lol In fact that would mess you up doing that. No idea where that is coming from...

Yea that pet store is going down the drain, they want 18 bucks for a bushynose pleco and 10 bucks for an odessa barb! I found a new LFS dedicated to Saltwater. All their tanks are rimless, they use LED's and install LED's on the nano cubes. RO water is 30 cents a gal, and I LOVE THIS, their live rock is 2.99-7.99 and all of it is lighted and all of it has coraline algae! This means you can choose the size and quality of your live rock!

Back
Top Bottom