Is this aiptasia?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ketchup318

Aquarium Advice Regular
Never really noticed it till the wife pointed it out. After that I realized it was on all my rocks and on the glass too. Not sure what they are...

Just a brief description... they're really small (less than a 1/4 inch, most were about 1/8 inch) and white. It has circular opening, with what looks like tiny tentacles, really short. Can't really figure out a pattern of where they like to live, but they're on top of the rocks, in holes, underneath arches... doesn't seem to care about light too much. I have damsels and clowns swim by them and they don't seem to care. Maybe the whatever this isn't isn't full grown.

So is this aiptasia? It doesn't really look like the pictures I've seen on google or on the forum. If it is, how does one kill them all? Like I said, they were everywhere... I think I counted over 20... The wife said she first saw them a while back, but didn't think much of it, so I can't really pinpoint when or how I got this.

Any help with be great, thanks. Sorry for the bad picture, they're really small and hard to focus onto.

Attachments

• IMG_20131030_215316.jpg
    IMG_20131030_215316.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 156
That's good to know... I was going to take all the rocks out and scrub and rinse it. Was also starting to look at buying a bunch of chemicals and possible a shrimp.

So they just pop up during the first year and slowly go away?

They grow and die randomly. I would be surprised if they ever totally disappear from a tank.

Get a butterfly it dwarf angel if you want them gone.

Back
Top Bottom