Is this Angel really reef safe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, it is one that is said to be 99.9% reef safe:)...

That is sooo awesome! He is DEFINITELY going on my list for my 125g reef! I am so excited!

Thanks! You have been really helpful today with all of my questions, lol.

Also, do you know what the differences are between the male and female of this fish? Is the coloration different? Can a keep a pair of this fish?

Thank you.

Also, do you know what the differences are between the male and female of this fish? Is the coloration different? Can a keep a pair of this fish?

Thank you.
You might have luck with a pair of you get them at the same time, but you probably won't know if they are male and female. They start out as females and eventually one will turn male. It took mine 4 yrs to turn from female to male. While it was a female and was in my tank around 3 yrs I tried adding a big male. The female killed it in 3 days. She, who is now a he is a very dominant (mean) fish.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f11/lamarck-angel-changing-to-male-189453.html

I have a bicolor I've hadfor 3 years on my reef and he don't but I think its hit and miss with angels

redsea said:
Yeah, I wish that there were reef safe small angels too. :(

I've been told that the bicolored pygmy angle is reef safe. I had one, but it croaked after two days so I can't testify as to whether or not it really is reef safe.

Gboy66 said:
Wow the belles is really cool! I with there was a reef safe angel for a 30g :(

Dwarf angels, there are a few different kinds. I had one that was blue with a yellow face.and I never had a problem. I can't remember what it was called though.

Josh1158 said:
Dwarf angels, there are a few different kinds. I had one that was blue with a yellow face.and I never had a problem. I can't remember what it was called though.

Yea dwarfs can go in a 30, but most of the time arent they not reef safe?

I have a 90 reef and my dwarf potters angel hasn't looked once at any coral. He loves his red algea sheets tho.

On the other hand my buddy got a bi color dwarf angel and ate all his pulsing Xenia in a day.

Back
Top Bottom