Is this any good?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In general, I haven't heard good things about Jebo products.
You get what you pay for.
Get a sea-clone for a couple $ more
get a aqua c for $$$$$ more but worth it. IMHO

I have no personal experience w/ that particular skimmer, but I can almost guarantee you get what you pay for. I would not expect much from it. I had a seaclone, another low priced model, and IMO it was useless. Take a look at an Aqua-c remora for an idea of cost for a reliable/efficient unit that will not spew micro-bubbles into your tank. Edit: wow, you guys are fast!

i dont know if this means anything, but my tank is only 20 gallons.

FWIW, I had my seaclone100 on a 29gal. Beside not producing much, if any skimmate, it spewed micro-bubbles into the tank quite often. IMO, the only good thing about it was the MJ1200 ph it came with. A bad skimmer is bad no matter how you look at it, regardless of tank size.

There have been a couple threads about Jebo/Aquatraders recently, check them out. From what I read, there are always a few 'I heard it sucked' but all that I saw that cared to post with experience was positive. You do get what you pay for and if you pay $10 for lights, you can only expect limited results. That said, my personal research on Jebo/Aquatraders is that its cheap foriegn made electronics but seems to do what it says it will do (Anything above that is bonus). Skimmers in general...I always use the 1/2 method. If it says up to 180G capacity, then I wouldn't expect it to skim well on anything more than 90G. I have a SR4 (CPR) on my 75G, though its rated 'up to' is higher, I believe it does well to keep up with my tank.

Best of Luck..

I used a seaclone b4 on a 55gal. It worked ok, but you have to adjust the air valve almost every other day to get it right. You can get a seaclone for $89 at your local Petco or Petsmart if you still want to try it out.

I have an AquaC Remora skimmer on a 75gal now, no need to adjust any air, and it works much better than the seaclone. JMO. So like everyone says, you do get what you pay for. :)

I would like to hear about it if you get that skimmer. I have a set of JEBO PC's which do everything they claim to, after replacing the crappy bulbs they came with, and I'm in the market for an in sump skimmer.

PC said:
That said, my personal research on Jebo/Aquatraders is that its cheap foriegn made electronics but seems to do what it says it will do (Anything above that is bonu.

Thats what they used to say about Japanese cars.
Honestly, are they making anything here anymore?????????????

Back
Top Bottom