Is this bristle worm ok to have?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
So i put a 4th of a jumbo shrimp in my tank for my starfish and its been in there for about 30 mins and out comes a bristle worm that is easily 8 inches out of the rock and he is still inside the rock so im not sure how long he is. is this thing bad to have in my tank. its yellow in color as well.

I have several large nasty bristleworms in my biocube. I've learned to live with them. lol they wont bother you and are actually considered clean up crew. I do get the ones I can out though, just because of the ick factor.

I hate them and when I get the chance I get them out too. I have seen from a friends tank one well over 12" long so I do not ever want to see one that long in my tank. Ever, Ever, Ever... No matter how much they are considered to be a part of the CUC...

But yellow in color would have me concerned they are normally pink in color at least the ones in my tank are pink with the fuzies on their sides.

Cleverbs
Bristle worms usually aren't too much of a problem As long as you don't get too many of them. Usually this is a sign of feeding too much. They do make traps for these critters if they become a problem. Tried not to touch them because they have Bristles like a cactus. Good luck fishman

Well no way in hell would one ever touch me. I haven't seen any others but just this one. I know that it's yellow and it has a smooth lOoking body with like 1000000 legs.

There's no way for me to take a picture of it. It comes out at night and if any light shines on it it retreats. Maybe I'll try and find a picture of it online. The head just looked like the end of the body nothing unique about it.

like this?
63374_10150256828235455_891250454_14717430_6032954_n.jpg

if so, this is oenone fulgida. A predator or sessile inverts, like snails, clams etc.

Back
Top Bottom