Is this coral healthy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't see an observation in the statement.

For example, question: my nitrates are too high. But don't talk about over feeding, use of tap water or overstocking. Just tell me why my nitrates are too high. Don't tell me anything I don't want to hear.

We are here to help, not to just confirm what someone already decided. Many of those fish, especially the engineers if they are full grown put out a lot of waste. Nobody mentioned tangs or tank size for them, so relax. Also, many species pick at coral even if they don't eat the polyps. That's why the questions were asked.

That said. Now I will ask the dreaded question. Do you think I am overstocked?

I never liked those tracyphyllias because they tend to look just like the one you have there. If you can get it to take food at night after the lights go out then it should look fat for a couple days after, but then it will deflate again. That's the experience I've had with almost all of them, and i've kept probably about 50 of them short term. Wellsophyllia seem to stay inflated most of the time.
Both of these are low to medium light IME. I kept them most colorful with around 50-75 PAR.
I will leave the stocking to my colleagues ;)

LOL Mr. X staying outta the stocking issue, LOVE it. hehe

I would in my opinion say you are overstocked. :-( Thats alot of bioload even for 110g. But if you can keep parameters steady and stable then good for you.

A 110g is a four foot tank or a five footer? My bigger concern would be the swim room for those tangs. I have a yellow and a blue in my 6 foot tank and they race back and forth all day long along with a tomini tang. I am in the process of going to a 180g most likely so i can give them a little more back to front room, it won't be much but any extra room for tangs is a good thing. :)

Back
Top Bottom