Is this cyano??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishin

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Could you help me identify what this stuff is so I can try to get rid of it. My snail was eating some of it but not very fast.

[/img]

Attachments

• dscn1152.jpg
    dscn1152.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 40
  • dscn1153.jpg
    dscn1153.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 57
I cant tell from the pic, how old is the tank..
Does it blow off easy? It looks more like diatom or just plan old algae.

The tank was set up for 2 years before I purchased it I kept 75% of the water and moved everything. Has been setup for 2 months since I got it. If it is diatom algae do I just need more cleaning crew? I have 10 hermit crabs and 10 turbos.

What size tank is it? You could try adding some margarita snails if your turbos can't keep up.

Yeah, definately get yourself some more snails. I'd get ten more. I'd also get some nassarius snails to help stir your sandbed a little.

I have a sand sifting sea start but he really doesn't help much. How about getting a cucumber as well?

what kind of fish do you plan on getting? Some may pick on the cuke so be careful. The cuke also eats poop excess food waste so it needs fish in the tank.

My water temp is running 76 to 78 right now. I currently have two damsels that came with the tank and a scooter blenny. Will be getting a couple O. clowns and some other fish after a while.

I think you'd like the nassarius snails. Especially at feeding time when the sand bed erupts and the snails surface.

Back
Top Bottom