is this Frogspawn? i hope

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gamefreak0109

Aquarium Advice Activist
so i was looking though the LR at my LFS, and came across a small, maybe fist sized, piece of LR, and what caught my eye was this small coral, it was retracted, but was a nice, bright green color. i asked and one of the workes said it was a small frogspawn. so i bought it, it weight half a pound. :pimp:

these were taken about 20 minutes after it was placed in the aquarium, so i dunno if it will open up more or what will happen.

img_1122460_0_035afee2faa4662e5db2fe2f94289967.jpg

img_1122460_1_e11d765b64ba7d5dc6ea8d532ff461ca.jpg

and the best part....

img_1122460_2_7f7141d884998b5a39999af7123fa04c.jpg

so this is frogspawn, right?

You are correct and not a bad price at that. They will grow fast so keep enough space between them and corals of a different type. Corals of the same family can be kept closer together without a problem.

nope torch coral great price tho
use caution as they have long sweeper tenicals with a potient sting :)

Agree with Torch. Very similar to frogspawn though. Like Sadie said, they (all euphyllia) have potent sting and long sweepers. Be careful about things that are placed near it. Great buy though!!! :) They go for $15-20 a head around here.

how bad of a sting? or is it only towards corals? i dont really know much about corals. should i move the yellow polyps away from it? there is some xenya about 4 inches away as well

Lol, it's only towards other coral, except for the same type. We, meaning humans, can't feel the sting of corals or anemones. Pretty sure.. unless there's some nem out there i don't know about that can sting people.. but from what i've read there's no nem in SW aquaria that can sting a human.

Lol, it's only towards other coral, except for the same type. We, meaning humans, can't feel the sting of corals or anemones. Pretty sure.. unless there's some nem out there i don't know about that can sting people.. but from what i've read there's no nem in SW aquaria that can sting a human.

Bali Fire Anemone lol, there's one.

Awesome find tho and at a great price!

My bad, I took another look at it and it's a torch coral. Frog spawn has mutipule spots or heads on each strand where as torch is single.

Try sticking you hand in the tank when you have a fresh cut....Ouch!!!!

Nice Torch. :)

And TC, do you know that from personal experience? Cause a bit of your blood in the tank might have caused the mutations we see in your home aquaria. ;) :lol:

wow I'm jealous. I really like my LFS, but their liverock selection isn't the best, especially nothing with hitchhiker frags like that on 'em!

I am no coral expert, but the tentacles look a little thick for a torch. looks more like a frog to me.

Back
Top Bottom