Is This Good lr?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

first-timer89

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have been looking at buying lr online for about 2 weeks. Is this any good for a 20 gallon? looking at 15 pounds of the medium size and 10 pounds of the small size. Picture in my Gallery

FIJI ULTRA PREMIUM LIVE ROCK - Guaranteed!! No One Else Ship's Fiji This Nice
Fiji Rock is a very light weight rock from the Pacific. It has very gnarled and unique shapes. It is one of the most popular rocks for building reefs due to it's light weight and high capacity for bacteria growth. It has very dark purples and some orange coraline algae growths. It also produces some small sps corals after a few months in an established tank.
Cured in our own tanks
FREE SHIPPING TO YOUR DOOR
Small ( 3 - 5 inch pcs. ) $119.00 for a handpicked 25 Pounds

Medium ( 5 - 7 inch pcs. ) $139.00 for a handpicked 25 Pounds

Large ( 8 - 12 inch pcs. ) $169.00 for a handpicked 25 Pounds

XLarge ( over 12 inches ) $199.00 for a handpicked 25 Pounds

Is this good lr? Will it come with critters? Thanks for any advice or comments about this live rock or ordering from aquacon.com
:D

Fiji live rock all comes from the same distributer before it gets to the USA. (I cant remember the name..) The size and shapes of the pieces vary, but the over-all quality is ABOUT the same everywhere. Marinedepotlive.com sells 45lbs. Fiji lr for only about 160.00 to your door(that's what I have, the pieces are 4-12" w/ some interesting shapes, I got pods, mini-stars, various worms, an sps but no nuisance critters). If you want "lots" of life, go w/ Florida aquacultured rock, though some of the critters you get on it aren't good in reef aquariums like mantis shrimp, crabs, etc. Liverocks.com is good for Florida aquacultured rock. Good luck.

You can see below the variety of rock I have. Far and away the nicest is from Fl.
http://www.liverocks.com
The other rock is nice, but not nearly as much life.
The critters IMO are half the fun :)

The critters IMO are half the fun
That is a good thing to keep in mind first-timer, one mans nuisance critter is another's pet lol. But beware, some of those nuisances can and will eat your fish and/or corals. Mantis shrimp are quit amazing creatures when in a species only tank :wink:

MT79 said:
The critters IMO are half the fun
That is a good thing to keep in mind first-timer, one mans nuisance critter is another's pet lol. But beware, some of those nuisances can and will eat your fish and/or corals. Mantis shrimp are quit amazing creatures when in a species only tank :wink:

Good point!!! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom