Is this hair algae ????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like hair algea to me. Manually remove as much as you can and cut back feeding. When you do pwc's siphon out as much as possible.

Thanks.
Guess I'm on the right track because that's what I have been doing. I've read that this is common in new tanks. Some things I've read say you go from brown algae to green algae in new tanks. Is this true ? My tank has been running for about 4 months now. I really don't want to use chemicals to treat it. I use only ro/di water for pwc and top offs. Feed every other day.

You might have to start feeding very 3 or 4 days. The big thing is to manually remove as much as you can. Have you tested your pwc water to make sure you are not adding the fuel back in.

I get ro/di water from my lfs. My tds meter reads 4. would that low of a reading cause an algae problem ? I will be getting my own ro/di unit soon

All algae problems are fueled by high nutrients. Lowering nutrient levels is the way to combat them.

Back
Top Bottom