Is this lighting ok

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

me1newman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am trying to find good lighting for my tank. As of right now i have a 75 gal. Tank with Live Rock and Live Sand. I am trying to get the right lighting for my tank. The watts on my lighting now i found out it WAY to low and I need alot more. SO I am trying to see if anyone can tell me if the lighting i am looking at is ok for a 75 Gal. Oceanic tank. These are the 2 bulbs I was looking at online:
URI Aqua D-Light VHO Fluorescent Tubes (Blue 110W - 48" T-12)
URI Aqua D-Light VHO Fluorescent Tubes (White 110W - 48" T-12)
Thanks
Melissa

If you are going with a fo or a fowlr this could work. You don't list the fixture. You can't use the fixture you have with these bulbs. You have to get the fixture that will drive these bulbs too. This may be enough for shrooms and polyps but it would be pushing it. Maybe you could get these and still keep your present lighting too and that would give you 4wpg and that would be in the middle of the 3 to 5 wpg range I told you about. Good work on researching. Keep it up.

Well the only reason I didnt talk about the Fixtures themselves is because my Husband is an Electrican so I was going to just get the Bulbs I needed and have him to the top canopy for it to hold all the lights that I needed.
Thanks Again... You seem to be alot of help....Thank God for you!!!! LOL
Melissa

Back
Top Bottom