Is this Lionfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, The first is a lionfish the second I believe is a puffer... yes lion fish are very venomous

Yes, The first is a lionfish the second I believe is a puffer... yes lion fish are very venomous
Thanks so are they dangerous in a community tank also like if you need to change rocks or other decoratins. Getting hands in water safe? I mean if there venom is life threatening?

Thanks so are they dangerous in a community tank also like if you need to change rocks or other decoratins. Getting hands in water safe? I mean if there venom is life threatening?

As long as they don't prick you with their spikes you are good. Their venom is stored in those long spines on their back so if one gets in your skin it will get into you. I don't believe life threatening, I saw a video of someone purposely ggetting pricked By one on purpose to see what would happen. He said it burned a lot but once he ccured it hewas fine .I follow someone on YouTube her name is Taylor Nichole Dean, she has one in a tank with a puffer and a clownies so I am assuming they are ok with other fish.

They are dangerous to smaller fish that can fit in their mouths. As for to you, it depends on your tolerance for the venom. Some people, it's like a bee sting. Other people, puts them in the hospital. When you have a lion in the tank, great care should be used when in the tank. I prefer to avoid putting your hands in the tank with them. ;)

As long as they don't prick you with their spikes you are good. Their venom is stored in those long spines on their back so if one gets in your skin it will get into you. I don't believe life threatening, I saw a video of someone purposely ggetting pricked By one on purpose to see what would happen. He said it burned a lot but once he ccured it hewas fine .I follow someone on YouTube her name is Taylor Nichole Dean, she has one in a tank with a puffer and a clownies so I am assuming they are ok with other fish.
Thanks a lot

They are dangerous to smaller fish that can fit in their mouths. As for to you, it depends on your tolerance for the venom. Some people, it's like a bee sting. Other people, puts them in the hospital. When you have a lion in the tank, great care should be used when in the tank. I prefer to avoid putting your hands in the tank with them. ;)
Thanks a lot

Be aware volatain lionfish which that one is get massive. Larger than a foot and wide with their fins. They need a big tank.

Just remember...In some areas lionfish ase considered an Invasive Species, and it is illegal to release them into the wild.

Back
Top Bottom