Is this normal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saltwater Redneck

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everybody my name is Jason and this is my first post I have been reading the forums for month or so now and I finally have a question of my own so any ways I woke up this morning and my true percula started hosting my bta and I'm so freaking happy it isn't funny but I notice the clown forcefully enters the anemones mouth and seems to steal it's food is this normal? I thought they where supposed to feed the anemone not steal it's food

24hrs later and nothing? Please a simple yes or no would ease my mind thanks for any help that can be given

Yea he is and it looks like the mouth is starting to gape a little but he seems ok for the most part I was just wondering if this a normal behavior cause if anything I might over feed the fish and don't understand why he would want the anemones food thanks for any help

Redneck toker said:
Yea he is and it looks like the mouth is starting to gape a little but he seems ok for the most part I was just wondering if this a normal behavior cause if anything I might over feed the fish and don't understand why he would want the anemones food thanks for any help

the clown could be lookin for intruders mabye ikno clowns are verry protective of things they host

The thought of it cleaning out any intruders never crossed my mind but that makes sense thanks for your help you guys it's really appreciated

Redneck toker said:
The thought of it cleaning out any intruders never crossed my mind but that makes sense thanks for your help you guys it's really appreciated

keep us posted if he keeps invadeing the nem you may wana qt em for a few days

Well he hasn't invaded the anemone sense yesterday afternoon so I'm guessing if there was a intruder in there it is now out even better news now my second clown is hosting along side the first and everything is looking good so thanks again for the help everybody

sorry for the late pics its been a long day anyways here are some pics of my true perculas named lucy and ricky mcgillicuddy hosting my bta who i havent named yet i was thinking about the name goo im new at this so i hope i post the pics right sorry if i dont and apologies for the poor quality i only have a camera on my ipod
img_1309676_0_effd5baa2a3aa16a77af0ff1e971165b.jpg

img_1309676_1_ef8c050d0cb0f97a48d7eaf8f37f17da.jpg

img_1309676_2_093dee2ef0b83a69193865906acf9821.jpg
img_1309676_3_0ab119de220eb46f044c0a0cf9263645.jpg

I use to host clowns, but haven't for a while. In nature you might see a 2' wide anemone hosting 20-30 clown fish. I think in a captive setting, they can be kind of rough on their anemone and do steal food right from it's mouth.

Back
Top Bottom