Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-25-2014, 05:57 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

It is not due to stress or touching, bulbing also has nothing to do with stress or light as stated in another discussion on this fourm. I have raised anemonies for 6 year. Half my 125g is full of them. Somethings they bulb and sometimes they don't. None really knows why or why not, lots of theories, but no proof. The same thing as when they are stringy or fat tenicles. I have 6 RBTA and 1 large GBTA. Some of my observations over the years. First off, even thought thy touch each other in a nem forest, the clowns will only host the GBTA, which was my first. The green is usually flatter and stringier then the reds. Some days the RBTA are very bulb up and other times nothing. The green never bulbs. They rarely get fed. They were kept under 2x250 MH lighting for years, and about 18 months ago, switched to Maxspect 2x160 with no effect on them. But about 2.5 years ago my T5 HO that I had on the very back of the tank for supplemental and color went out, so I put in a power compact temporary while I order parts, the RBTA split 4 times in 3 weeks. But once I put the T5 back in, it never split again. But had no issues switching from MH to LED's. Some are high in the tank, some are low in the tank, seems to make no difference. It also appears that when one of the RBTA bulb, all the RBTA bulb. Mine have never moved in 6 years.

Old 11-25-2014, 07:28 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holygral View Post
It is not due to stress or touching, bulbing also has nothing to do with stress or light as stated in another discussion on this fourm. I have raised anemonies for 6 year. Half my 125g is full of them. Somethings they bulb and sometimes they don't. None really knows why or why not, lots of theories, but no proof. The same thing as when they are stringy or fat tenicles. I have 6 RBTA and 1 large GBTA. Some of my observations over the years. First off, even thought thy touch each other in a nem forest, the clowns will only host the GBTA, which was my first. The green is usually flatter and stringier then the reds. Some days the RBTA are very bulb up and other times nothing. The green never bulbs. They rarely get fed. They were kept under 2x250 MH lighting for years, and about 18 months ago, switched to Maxspect 2x160 with no effect on them. But about 2.5 years ago my T5 HO that I had on the very back of the tank for supplemental and color went out, so I put in a power compact temporary while I order parts, the RBTA split 4 times in 3 weeks. But once I put the T5 back in, it never split again. But had no issues switching from MH to LED's. Some are high in the tank, some are low in the tank, seems to make no difference. It also appears that when one of the RBTA bulb, all the RBTA bulb. Mine have never moved in 6 years.
Again, there's a difference between having no bulbs, and being DEFLATED. An anemone deflates when it's stressed or pooping.

In the op's picture it is deflated. Most likely a fish nipped at it or a hermit crab hit it.

3g Pico Reef
Sillyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bubble, bubble tip

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com