Is this possible...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
C

cj10488

After changing out my 10k Xm bulbs to 14k Hamiltons the corals seem to have grown a considerable amount.. The m Capricornis, the Blasto, and the Zoos are notably growing in size by the day.. I could be smoking crack but this is Extremely noticiable... I would think they would grow slower if anything but with the caps there is a good 1/8th" growth per day.. Minimum.. And the blast seems as though it doubled in size overnight... Someone please tell me that i am seeing things.. Has anyone ever heard of this..

TIA,
James

Perhaps there is something to that "bluer is better for corals" that we have been starting to hear lately.

:)

Honestly, I don't know if it is possible to see this kind of growth overnight or not. But if you are witnessing it, I guess it be true.

Ok I am really not Smoking Crack.. I showed my wife my green/purple rim cap yesterday and then showed her this evening.. All the edges just from last night to tonight curved up and the frag took a Bowl shape.. Also the Frag started to split in the front of it to start the spiral.. Its either got to be the Lights or the salt.. My guess would be the salt as supposidly the lights considering par readings Ect all the corals should grow slower.. I have noticed with this new salt that My Calcium levels are high along with high Mg.. While the Alk stays right around 2.5meq/l - 3meq/l Which with the Ca at 440 and mg at 1440 the Alk is low.. I have read that the people over in germany I believe is starting a method using the above equations and seem to be having good luck.. But I have only seen it mentioned but not the method nor exact way that they do it except high Ca, high Mg and Low Alk... Anyone familiar with what I am talking about??? 200 Kudos to the first person to find me more information about the above method of reefkeeping... I can post photos of one of my m. Caps 2 days apart and you can the extreme growth from either the lights or the Salt..

TIA,
James

When I switched from 10k to 20k, I had a noticeable growth spurt as well.
After 3 months, they are still growing quite nicely, but not at the quick boost
they got after adjusting to the new bulbs.

Back
Top Bottom