Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 09-03-2012, 04:17 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Is this practical for a moveable set-up

So I rent a one story house and am looking to create a saltwater set up (my first.) I was thinking of ideas that would save time during maintenance, and remove most issues with spilling water on my landlord's hard wood floors. I came up with this. My thinking was to place a 30 gallon tank on top with room for equipment on the bottom shelf. It's rated to carry 500 lbs. I want to use it to roll the aquarium to the bathroom for water changes and other maintaince. My question to you all is; am I nuts, or could this work? The top is measured at 45 x 26 x 33 inches. So lets say I have 40 x 22 x 30 inchs of aquarium foot print.

Click image for larger version

Name:	41g9zsJmZZL[1].jpg
Views:	40
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	116488

Also I would like any and all opinions on what a good starter aquarium size should be. I threw out 30 gallons, because it seems to be larger than a nano, but smaller than something that could possibly get out of control.

I would like to create an environment with live rock, inverts, and a few fish. Then six months down the road include maybe a few soft corals.

I am in the very early research/R&D/scouting stage of this project so I may be asking you all some very basic questions in the future. Bear with me.

Any and all comments or questions are welcome.

Nautilus_STL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:25 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
I've always heard bigger is better so I would suggest to look at what you like and look at the recommended tank size for those fish . I just got mine a few months back and I already want to upgrade . Good luck with your R/D
Marco V is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com